|Since September 2012, St. Mary's School has provided an iPad for each student attending St. Mary's School from Kindergarten through 8th grade. |
What does that mean to an SMS student in terms of their daily school activities?
* Safe internet browsing with a school-wide wireless network and individual wireless access points in each classroom.
* Content filtering on and off campus for the school owned iPads via Cisco Umbrella.
* Google groups for student and staff email and to allow access to the Google Apps for Education. Students communicate safely within our closed domain environment, which limits their email communications to other students, faculty and staff.
* iPad managed and supervised by the school to assure use of content that is appropriate for education.
* Teachers that have benefited from multiple professional development sessions.
* Parents that can stay "in touch" via our weekly school newsletter and our Google calendar.
If you would like to learn more about our 1:1 iPad project, please contact our IT coordinator, Jessica Bookland, at the school office or via email at SMSTechnology@stmarysimsbury.eduk12.net. Our iPad Acceptable Use Policy is available here