What does that mean to an SMS student in terms of their daily school activities?
* Internet browsing with an enterprise level wireless network using Aerohive.
* Content filtering on and off campus for their school owned iPads via the Lightspeed "Rocket" appliance.
* Google groups for student and staff email and to allow access to the Google Apps for Education. Students communicate safely within our closed domain environment that limits their email communications to other students, faculty and staff.
* iPad managed and supervised by the school to assure use of apps appropriate for education.
* teachers that have benefited from multiple professional development sessions.
* parents that can stay "in touch" via our teacher's blogs, our weekly school blog and our Google calendar. Click here for more information.
If you would like to learn more about our 1:1 iPad project, please contact Donna Hatch at the school office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our iPad Acceptable Use Policy is available here.