Our 2020-21 school year is being guided by 2 main principles:
* Protecting the health and safety of our community of students, faculty and staff, and, by extension, the greater community
*Continuing to provide an excellent educational experience for all students in the classroom and if it should become necessary again, during distance learning as well.
Please visit this page often as all updates and revisions for reopening will be posted here.
* 5/21/21 Connecticut Department of Education announcement of continued masking policy for schools - Click here
* 5/19/21 Connecticut Department of Public Health guidelines regarding vaccination, masking and social distancing. Click here
* Important Policy Change for 21-22 regarding remote learning announced 5/12/21. Click here.
* COVID-19 Update 12/2/20 - Free Meals Available for Students - The USDA has approved funding that entitles all students, ages 18 and under, to free meals through June 2021. These meals are distributed via the town's nutrition services department and the pick up process and availability depends on town of residence. Click here for information about the Simsbury program and here for the Granby program. Families residing in other towns should contact the local Board of Education for information about their town's program. Please note that this free meal program is not in any way associated with our school lunch program but rather is a separate program sponsored by each town.
Click here to read COVID-19 facts from the federal Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Click here to read Adapt, Advance, Achieve: Connecticut’s Plan to Learn and Grow Together.
Click here for Mrs. Williamson's most recent updates regarding St. Mary School's response to COVID-19 and planning efforts for the 2020-21 school year.
Click here to display a copy of the 12-2-20 revised Screening Tool provided by the Farmington Valley Health Department. Please refer to this tool when deciding if your child is well enough to attend school. The guidelines for when a student may return to school appear on the second page.
Click here to read the 2/5/21 announcement from Mrs. Williamson regarding remote learning during inclement weather days.
Click here to read Mrs. Williamson's 3/26/21 email communication to all families regarding current travel guidelines and our continued commitment to careful management of health and safety precautions including testing and quarantines as recommended by the Farmington Valley Health Department, the State of Connecticut and the CDC.